Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Late to the game.

All my bloggers have already posted this year! I'm late! It's been a very very very very busy year already. Today marks exactly 180 days until my wedding!

The end of the year I spent working, a lot. I've been working in East St. Louis on the new I-70 Mississippi River Bridge project. The job limits the amount of fluids I drink. The nearest bathroom facility that I am willing to use is 5 minutes away. The first couple days I left dehydrated. Being dehydrated gives me a migraine and leaves me exhausted (and cranky.) I got better control of my field duties and leave whenever I need to use the restroom (instead of lunch and end of day). Being outside all day in 40-degree windy overcast weather tires me out though and I have not been working out.

The job is cool. It's neat to be a part of something this big. I also have two other job sites nearby. This is also my 5th or 6th project for the I-70 Bridge. FYI - Google Maps shows the new bridge path. And the aerial shows the concrete piers. The steel supports are mostly on. I watched some more go up today.  There's a time-lapse camera on the Missouri side. I'll post the link later (I have it bookmarked at work.)

Jason and I spent the New Year's Weekend painting. Andy (It's his house) helped too. We had to paint the ceilings and unwallpaper the kitchen to get started. The ceiling paint gave me a migraine on NYEs so we didn't go out. We managed to get it all done! The kitchen, hallway, and one wall in the living room is tan and the rest of the living room is a blueish-grey. It's dark, but looks great. My goal this weekend is to try and get the pictures back on the.

So 2012. Let's do this!

It's more than just a new year. While most people look at Jan 1 as a New Year, I always look a few days further to Jan 5. It's my birthday. And while I'm excited to see what the new year brings, I'm also excited to see what my birthday brings. What will 32 be for me? Am I where I want to be? (Still in East St. Louis, ugh). I'm getting married, and that is really exciting. It's later (in life) than I wanted, but it took me a while to find an amazing guy.

A lot of people start their diets on 1/1. Those people probably aren't eating ice cream cake five days later. It's my all time favorite treat. We will be having that on Sunday when I celebrate with my family. So on Monday January 9, my New Year will officially begin. I have contemplated my resolutions throughout the week while sitting out in the cold. I determined that I hate resolutions. My life is awesome so what do I really need to change?

I saw a SpecialK commercial tonight about not needing to lose, but what do you want to gain? What do I want to gain this year? I'm going to think about that a little more....and comment on it later. But I did come up with some resolutions. Or, short term goals.

My goals for fitness will be broke down in 90 day increments. I will concentrate on exercising in 90 day increments. I will follow my 7 week running program. I will start and complete TurboFire. For the next 7 weeks, I will follow the running program and run 3-4 times a week. I will continue to see Dave (PT) twice a week. I will add 2 additional cardio/DVD workouts to my week.

My weakness when it comes to weight loss is that I don't stick with tracking and logging my food. And measuring. So I will take it one month at a time. For the next 30 days, I will log everything I eat. If I wind up in the field, I will write it down. I will email it to myself. I will do what it takes to write down everything. I will do whatever it takes to avoid fast-fast food. (Subway is the exception.) 30 Days. No Fast Food.

With the Holidays, I didn't meal plan like I should. So again, one month at a time. Or one week. This week we had leftovers on Tuesday. And today I made Tortilla Soup. It's super delicious. I had a salad too. Tomorrow night Jason says he'll take me out for my birthday, but if I don't feel better (I have a migraine right now and am tired from working outside), then we'll go out to dinner later. Maybe one time next week.

General things I want to accomplish:
Blog 2x a week. This is my extra support.
Pass the Professional Engineering. The next exam is in April. I can and will pass it this time.

This weekend I'll post a list of things I want to gain this year. Aside from a husband, of course. :)

No comments: