Saturday, January 28, 2012

Trying new things - Carrot Bisque

This orange soupy gross looking mess is actually carrot bisque. And it's amazing. It's a few simple ingredients, a little prep, a lot of crock-pot time, some submersible mixing, and BAM, done. :)

Carrot Bisque
2 Pounds Carrots
1 Large (White) Onion
2 TBSP Oil.
2 Cloves of Garlic
Use Ninja to mince carrots (I used 2 bags of baby carrots.) Dice Onion, Saute for 10-minutes on stove-top.

Place in crock-pot.

Add:
2 Cups Vegetable Broth (chicken might alter the flavor.)
1/2 TBSP Curry Powder (Or more if you like Curry)
1/2 tsp Salt
Dash of Pepper

Let that all simmer for 5-6 hours. The purpose is the get the carrots mushy.

Use an Hand Blender to pulverize the mixture into a thick cream.

Add:
1 (13-ounce) can of coconut milk. I used the Thai brand. I've heard there are low-fat or light versions, but Wal-mart didn't offer me many choices.

Whisk together, let warm up, and serve. Makes 8 servings (a full cup). 3PP+ a serving. The majority of the points comes from the coconut milk.

~~~~~~

Today was great. Woke up around 8, had PT with Dave at 9:30, got some laundry done, showered, lunch, and then headed into work. I have to get some things completed this weekend.

I got home, have eaten some soup, and am catching up on television. First, Grey's Anatomy. Second, Pan Am. Not sure what else I'll have time for after that. While I'm watching TV, I'm going to coupon, and prepare my menu planning.

No comments: