Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Tognarelli Knees

So I'm not sure what it is.... but my mom, her sister, brother, and father all have had knee replacement surgery. There's still a few more brothers who haven't had their knee replaced, but I'm sure it's coming.
So as I began training with Dave, my concern was to strengthen my knees so I won't need new knees. But lately, the stress of my job (wearing steel toes), the walking on either gravel or standing around on asphalt, has aggravated my knees. My knees aren't as strong as they need to be to provide stability in boots on gravel. (The unbalance effect.)

So yesterday at PT, like usual, my knees started to bother me. Dave recommended I ice them. So here I am icing my knees. And I as recommended to my mother, I purchased bags of frozen peas too. Trainer Dave recommends I ice them everyday as preventative measures. The frozen peas do work much better.

So in other news, I gained 1-pound back from my weight loss. I can only be mad at myself! I didn't eat or measure or log my food like I should.

So my goals this week.
1) LOG everything. No Easter Candy! No Girl Scout Cookies! Dave has banned me from treats until my bridal shower, and then my wedding.
2) 40 minutes of daily activity. And icing my knees.

This excludes Tuesday. I'm going to UM-Rolla to give an evening presentation. I have PT on Monday and Thursday. Back to two nights a week!

No comments: