Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Insanity

I've signed on for the ultimate challenge. Jason and I are going to do Insanity. Jason owns P90X2 but it wasn't something I wanted to do. I own TurboFire but haven't managed to finish it. So we're going with the shorter, just as hard, 60-day workout. It should be delivered this weekend and we'll start Monday. The 60-days will take us until January 5th (that's my birthday!)

The most important part of the workout is the diet. So after the next 2 days (in Springfield) and weekend (at the Lake), it's back to clean eating and protein shakes. Thanksgiving is my cheat day. And one dinner of sushi, I have a groupon.

I found a great new blog. She's a BeachBody coach and in the middle of LesMills Pump. Which when I finish Insanity will be a birthday present. It's just as costly as 10 personal training sessions from my gym, and it's a 3-month program you do 3 days a week, which means I could then incorporate TurboFire or other cardio in the other days.  But that's over 2 months away. I don't want to get ahead of myself.

This guy also compares all the BeachBody workouts and gives some extra advice on purchasing and level of fitness required. He's got some good things to say.

Ok.. I have to finish packing and chugging water. 2 workouts in a row have left me aching. I need to stretch and get to bed. Early up to get to Springfield.

(Note - TurboFire has a lot of jumping and it was hard on my knees at the time, over a year ago.)

No comments: