Monday, October 8, 2012

Some nights, I wish that this all would end

About a month ago an old friend called me and suggested I put in my resume for a job opening with Environmental Works, Inc. They were looking for a new employee to handle their St. Louis projects. It was a whirlwind romance and I after submitting my resume on September 4th, I had a phone interview, person-person interview, and a verbal offer on Friday September 21. With my official offer in hand near the end of day Monday September 24, I put in my resignation on Tuesday September 25. My last day was October 5th.

I've spent a few weeks working on this post. Kept retyping it, making it clear, concise, and not bash anyone.

And once again.. I deleted a whole paragraph.... I wish it would stop. The drama needs to stop.

I started my new job today. It's already amazing. I'm excited to work here. But still scared shitless because change is "bad" and this change is soooo different. I left a great job, a solid job, to do something different and work for someone I don't know. I think the problem is that I have so many emotions I'm still dealing with and didn't have any down time to move on.

So I'm in Springfield for two weeks. My hotel is right next to a Panera. Total win! I'll be here a couple weeks going through orientation and learning my projects. It means I'm eating out a lot, not cooking, and not coming up with new recipes. But when I return home, more great cooking and pictures and recipes.

I do have one pictures & recipe to post - Chicken Sante Fe & Rice Bowl. Very yummy and easy to make in the crock pot (with the rice on the stove in 5-minutes.)

No comments: