Saturday, March 9, 2013

Detox of the body & house (baby update at end!)

So the hardest part of being pregnant is not getting relief from ailments. Like having a nasty head cold and not being able to take the strongest drugs possible. So you have to find relief in other methods.

My friend Lani (and photographer) uses Young Living's Essential Oils for her family's healthcare. Today she had a Dr. Mom class where her friend explained all the benefits of the essential oils and how to use them. My mom didn't want to attend because it was too "new age" for her. :) I liked how the class had an example baby (doll) to show how to use oils on the baby too. I don't remember everything she said though... I should have taped the presentation!

I ordered the Thieves starter kit which has a variety of these items, and the Everyday Oils Essential Collection.  The starter kits also come with some extras like additional Peppermint oil. I plan to pass one of those off to my mom to help with her aches. Even though she's had knee replacement, I think she still has some pain, especially because she works out. If you sign up to be a distributor (no extra cost), then you get a discount on your products. You only have to purchase $50/year to maintain your membership.

Lani also uses Soap Nuts from LaundryTree. I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do for laundry soap with the baby. They make a LOT of baby related laundry soaps and cloth diaper specific diaper detergents. Some of my friends love them the BumGenius or Rockin' Green brands.  The one I am leaning toward is Nellie's.I like that's it 1 tablespoon per laundry load.

I went for an ultrasound on Thursday. The baby is measuring a few days behind and my due date is estimated at September 10th now. According to BabyCenter, if my baby is 14 weeks, it can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and suck his thumb! So gross.. pee? Inside me? During the ultrasound he was quite a mover. He kept moving his 2 arms and 2 legs. Things looked great and he has a solid heartbeat. Just a lot of reassurance that everything is going well. He's about the size of a lemon now.

We go back on April 22 to find out the sex. I'm hoping he is growing a penis, and is able to spread his legs and show us! And well, if it's a girl, ok. I'll erase all mention of wanting a boy and never mention to her that I wanted a boy more.

No comments: