Monday, April 22, 2013

20-Weeks and Halfway There!!

The first half of pregnancy was not great. Now I really don't have a lot of room to complain. Some friends had far worst starts with vomiting, constipation, kidney stones, losses... but in the realm of the imaginary world I live in, pregnancy has sucked.

I don't think people actually believe when I say that I hate being pregnant. But I do. I'm fairly certain it's a control issue. I don't have control over my weight, my moods, my energy, my hunger.

I gained 11 pounds the first 20 weeks. Baby center tells me that 10 is normal. Ok, I'll take it. And that hereafter I should expect to gain another pound or so each week from now on. EXCUSE ME? WHAT? NO. NO. NO. NO. Not cool Baby G! Not cool at all! A lot of the fear of the weight gain has to do with how my father treats my weight. Like it's a disease. He always notices when I gain or lose weight. Losing weight = Proud Dad. Fat Meghan = Unhappy Dad. Sure, it's not about him, but the Daddy Complex I grew up doesn't help me deal with weight gain. (Another reason to want a Boy. No Father issues in this house!)

I am excited about the pregnancy massages I am getting. :) And eventually a summer full of pedicures!!

I'm not excited about field work. I have some on Tuesday & Wednesday and already feel sorry for my driller who might have to help me with some little things like lifting coolers (or pulling them out of the truck.) I know all men are willing to help pregnant women, and while I love when my husband does everything for me, I don't like appearing helpless to other men. I have some other field work planned in May that could be even harder to accomplish. It just depends on how big my belly gets, especially at a pound a week!

I am very hungry lately too. Super hungry. I'm trying to eat the right things, but it's not always easy when some junk food is in the house. We don't keep too much junk food, and I consider things like Toaster Strudels to be Junk Food. I consider most processed foods to be "junk food". Aside from some obvious things like bread & string cheese. While they are processed, they are also good fuel for the body.

I don't really believe in cravings, but I go through weeks where things sound better than normal.  Currently it's BLTs. I don't actually like Bacon that much, and I hate how it smells when it's cooking. Jason cooked the bacon outside on the grill last night. He was supposed to cook it while I was gone this weekend, but forgot. He's a swell guy for figuring out how to cook it outside so the house didn't smell like bacon for three days.

Other food I have craved these past few months - Hot Dogs, Chicken Salad, Pulled Pork w/ BBQ Sauce, I eat a lot of eggs (especially for breakfast). I love french fries. I currently love Orange things. Orange Juice, Orange Creamsicles, Orange Sherbet, and Oranges. The "strange" craving to me is the Ice Water. My water must be ice cold. And we don't have an ice maker so we have to make our own ice, and I go through a couple trays of ice a day.

I had a lovely girls weekend with my mom, sister, and future sister-in-law this weekend at the Lake. I hit up Carters like any first time mom. The Carter's Outlet is much better than the Outlet at St. Louis Mills mall. The deals are better. And I snagged a LOT of cute clothes. Some are Boy or Girl specific, and since we don't know yet and aren't telling our family until next Sunday, I will have to return a few things. Here's a picture of my stash. The piles are divided into Boy -  Neutral - Girl.

Also, CottonBabies is having a great sale on solid color BumGenius 4.0 Diapers. Mom and I got 18 diapers to start my stash. I hope to have around 30 diapers by the time we start cloth diapering. (I expect to use disposables the first few weeks.) I still have to order the outdoor clothes line and get Jason to install it. :) 

It is *really* hard to know what people might buy you off your registry - if they choose to buy off your registry. I am skipping the Babies R Us registry. Everything is just too expensive there. I'm going with Target, Amazon, and Cotton Babies. My baby shower is August 3rd and that only leaves me a month to finish shopping if I didn't get the needed items. I've been watching Craigslist because honestly, some stuff just doesn't need to be purchased new. I've gotten an extra high chair (for grandma's house) and stroller off CL. I keep watching the Fisher Price Luv U Zoo items. I do want a new swing because you never know if a toddler hung on it and ruined the motor. And oh my, how expensive is the baby monitor? My friend D recommend I get one with video. So I signed up for that one. Hopefully some gift cards will help offset that cost.

I have bought some things, especially as they go on sale. I got my Boppy Pillow w/ cover (normally $32) for $16 at Target a few weeks ago. We also got our Space Saver high chair at the time because it was on sale and we had another 20% off coupon. I bought the car seat & extra base when it was on sale at Diapers.com. I got my crib bedding because it came from an obscure website (Skip Hop) and I didn't think at the time we would have an Amazon list and didn't know it was available on Amazon. Mom even got us some extra sheets. Mom has bought up a couple boxes of disposable diapers from Sam's club to get us through those first few weeks. Even though I bought some clothes this weekend, there are a LOT other things to purchase. There's also some things I would love if my crafty friends could make. I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to that!

I must wrap this up. I just spent my lunch editing it and adding a few minor things...off to the gender ultrasound! We're announcing on Sunday to the family. It'll be posted online once the family knows! I'm crossing my fingers for a boy!

No comments: