Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day & Working Mothers


All in all, it was a great Mother's Day. You know, until the work panic/anxiety attack set in around 10pm. But work is another subject for another time.

On Saturday I took Monday to training. She's actually doing well. There were only 2 other dogs there, and in comparison to one dog (V) and V's owner, Monday and me are a-ok. I'm still learning, Monday is still learning, but it's amazing the difference the (shock) collar has over a pinch collar. I even got Monday to "place" on a folding chair. Her behavior at home is much better. We'll test it tomorrow when the plumber is here to 

Jason mowed the yard Saturday evening and I put together the Tator Tot Casseroles. We also went out to dinner - the Olive Garden. Helpful hint - sit at the bar! The place was crowded (no surprise), but the bar was empty. We sat there and was in and out within an hour. I kept my eye on a table was seated right after us and we were already working on our entrees when they were finally given their salads. We even got dessert! We don't usually get dessert so it's a nice treat.

When we got home I attempted the Butter Braids. It was a big ole fail.That's another blog I'm working on! 

Sunday morning when I woke up, Jason asked what I wanted for breakfast. He had asked the day before and even told me if he didn't know how to make it, he would go buy it. :) He made me blueberry pancakes and freshly squeeze apple juice. He must have really cleaned the juicer well too! (Just kidding, we had some apple juice in the fridge.) He got me a card and he ordered me a nee Tervis Tumbler. I drink out of those daily. We have Cardinal ones and I bought him a Superman one. Then we went to the movies to see Iron Man 3! When we got home we took a quick nap. It was nice and relaxing. I got some work done and he served me dinner. Salad and Tator Tot casserole. It was a great day. 


I saw this interesting article about the differences in Mom's today verses back then. It's a lot of charts and graphs. 

I was talking to my friend, D, and she reminded me I need to work hard(er) these next few months and that when the baby comes I''l appreciate the time off, but I'll also appreciate going back to work because I'm not meant to be a stay at home mom. She appreciates going to work, engineering things, and getting home and being a mom. 

A day late, but Happy Mother's day to all mom's! I can't wait to see what next year brings!

No comments: