Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pregnancy Woes

Baby G. Oh Baby G. He's driving my crazy. We had an ultrasound on Tuesday (21st) and he's hanging out, head down, feet up. Which means his head is sitting directly on my pelvic bone. And that sucks. The pressure... it feels like I have a 3 day old burrito lodged in my intestines.

He weighed 1 pound 7 ounces which is normal. He's the size of a rutabaga. A what? See the picture? That's what it looks like (probably without the googly eyes if you were at the grocery store.) So a pound and a half... which means that over the next 15 weeks the kiddo has to gain what, about 7 pounds? That's about 2 pounds a week. Or maybe it's exponential? I need a chart!! I found a chart! I'll probably graph it.. and convert it those grams to pounds for the next blog. :)
 
The doctor & ultrasound technician said that everything looks great and the baby is measuring perfectly!! That makes me feel good. I am growing a human being inside me! It's so weird to really sit back and think about it. I'm a little creeped out now.  

My super pregnant friend (as in, due next Friday!!!) found this gem. I ordered one. It can't get here quick enough. (It'll arrive Friday thanks to Amazon Prime.) The pillow with ice pack is also perfect after pregnancy. When I have a migraine I like having an ice pack on my neck.

Can I just add how amazing Amazon Prime 2-day shipping is? That makes the $79 yearly fee worth it, aside from all the movies and tv shows I can watch online.
 
I have been experience nasty heart burn and "morning sickness" around 4pm each day. It's a killer and I can't figure out how to fix it. On the weekends I can lay down and sleep for 20 minutes and that seems to help. Carbs aren't helping, Apple Juice helps a little... but I just feel like crap. And I don't like it.

1 comment:

Jenny Rew said...

Have you not yet found your BFF during pregnancy - Tums? I swear I've been through 5 bottles of the stuff. It's the only thing that gives me quick relief from the constant indigestion/heartburn. I keep a bottle in my purse and at my bedside. I highly recommend the Tums Smoothies mint kind. It soothes much better than the fruit flavor and the mint helps with nausea! :)