Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cha-cha-cha-changes.... 39 weeks of pregnancy

Today (8/31) I am 39 weeks!! 

I will have been pregnant (and known it) every single day so far this year. That's 243 days. That's a lot of days without wine and tequila. 

The little man could be here sometime on September 2nd. I'm not crazy about being induced. I am scared it could lead to a c-section. I had a lot of questions for my doctor yesterday at my final appointment. She is wonderful and explained it all very well. Being induced and giving birth could take a few hours or up to 24 hours, it will depend if I am having contractions and if I am dilated when I go in, or how quickly I become dilated. There are a lot of unknowns so I am trying to be very patient and calm. We added a few more movies to my hospital bag. :) Hopefully we'll even get to watch the Cardinal game while we wait.

My grandma called last night. She doesn't know I am being induced. She also said I should call her the second we go to the hospital so she can start praying. I just told her I would have mom and dad call her. (As in, call her when the baby has come out....) Mom said dad will be calling me on Monday to get updates - well, my phone will be on silent. Jason's phone will be on silent. (I still don't get people's fascination with wanting to know every detail of every minute of this experience....it's a waiting game for me, it's a waiting game for you too.)

I imagine that after Baby G arrives, we'll call immediate family (parents, siblings), we'll text a couple friends, and we will wait another 12-24 hours to post on facebook. (And I will be pissed if it is posted on facebook before *I* get to post it on facebook. Very pissed.) I don't want a ton of visitors. I don't know how I'll be feeling. It's such a huge unknown. And it's not meant to be offensive to my friends or family who want to visit. It's because I am a cranky bitch and no one should have to deal with me except my very loving husband.

Best husband ever too! He surprised me this week with a ring to match my engagement ring. It's pink sapphire and diamonds, and doesn't quite fit yet. I can't wait to be able to wear my rings again. My fingers have been super swollen these past few weeks. Better my fingers than my ankles!

Overall the past 9 months have gone well. It wasn't a hot summer, only this week did St. Louis finally hit 100! That has been a saving grace for most pregnant women. Last summer was pretty unbearable for normal people, and I can't imagine if I would have been pregnant too.

Final prep for the baby happened this week. My friend R lent me 20+ baby bottles that I cleaned and got ready. Hopefully Baby G is ok with this bottle. I don't want to have to keep testing to find one he likes. It's too early to be "LIKE IT OR GO HUNGRY."

I had the week off and spent my days sleeping in, making phone calls to register for Short Term Disability, looking at finances during maternity leave, napping, trying not to shop, and of course had my three doctor appointments. I'm glad those are over with and I can return to weekly or monthly. Baby G will have his follow up appointments during my maternity leave, and then fortunately after that they are monthly. I will have my first follow up at 6 weeks postpartum.

I've been reading up on what type of foods to eat to help produce breastmilk. Oatmeal is one of them, so I've been digging for Oatmeal recipes that I can tolerate. Like Oatmeal Muffins. I'm going to try and make these or having my mommy make them for me when she is here. :) 

1 comment:

Bobbilynne said...

Since there will be a delay between when I learn about Baby G's arrival, I'll just say, "good luck pushin' a human from your netherregions, and I look forward to the pics when he comes! ...Pics of the baby. Not your nether regions."

Oh, and thank you for the binder clips that came with your files, I was totally out! :D