Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Welcome Christmas!

It's been a few weeks... or like 16 days since my last blog. It feels like it's been months. 

Liam is growing and gets bigger and heavier (15 pounds) every day! Some nights he sleeps through the night, some nights he doesn't and I'm a zombie. Some days he lets me put him down and I get other things done, other days he doesn't. 

I'm amazed at how much I actually don't accomplish. I only get to shower because Jason is home at lunch to watch Liam. And some days I get upset that I don't get things done. Sometimes I get upset that I'm *only* at home, not getting housework done, and most importantly, not bringing in income. 

And then Jason gives me a pep talk and reminds me that raising Liam is a job. And that keeping him out of daycare right now is the best for his immune system. I read on the baby boards about all the sick kids. I know I can't keep him out of daycare and germ free forever, but at least during these few months of flu seasons, RSV, whooping cough... I'm keeping my little man safe and healthy. 

And my complaints? My days are filled with:

  • Dirty diapers
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
  • Tummy time
  • Play mats
  • Sitting up
  • Spitting Up
  • Swinging
  • Swaying
  • Pacing
  • I love yous
  • Crying (more him than me)
  • Pee
  • Poop
  • Baby talk

....and well, I love it all. But I am ready to go back to work, to talk to human beings my own intellect, discuss something more than when my child last pooped or ate or if he finally rolled over! I hope that going back to work will help me appreciate the weeknights and weekends more. I wait patiently for Jason to get home, and some days I hand him the baby, take a shower, and lay down for an hour of my own down time. It's the mental rest I need to keep going. And usually the physical rest I need to be able to stay up most of the night if Liam is up most of the night. 


Christmas is around the corner! Liam doesn't really know. He stares at the lights on our tree. We have some simple presents for him - PJs and a Book. I know my parents have bought a few things, and we're waiting until after Christmas to see what he got before we buy a few more things. Next year it'll be bigger. 

I can't believe 2013 is almost over! It was a such a huge year for us. If I don't make it back, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!! 

No comments: