Thursday, March 20, 2014

Schedule and meal planning

Liam is almost falling into a schedule! It's great. Bedtime is at 8pm, he's asleep by 8:30. He has been waking in the middle of the night - no big deal. And then he usually is up between 6:30-7:00am. He'll get changed, eat, sometimes play, and go back to bed until 9:30-10am. Then we start going down for nap at 12:15 and he'll sleep anywhere between an hour to three. It depends on how much I was able to stimulate him during the morning. (I've been doing better at this too.) 

His schedule means I can get a LOT more done around the house. Except vacuuming. Sorry husband. It means I have time to do laundry from wash-dry-fold-put away! And now with the warmer weather I'm excited to hang it up outside! 

It also means I have more time to meal plan. Meal planning is important. It helps keep our grocery budget on track and also helps me utilize what we have in the freezer. It also keeps us from eating out! That helps our restaurant budget. This week I made Stuffed Peppers and Crockpot Chicken Legs. I haven't been blogging about my food recipes as much because I've been making the same ole same ole. 

Next week I hope to make Chicken Huts and Stuffed Shells. I've never done stuffed shells before. Hopefully it goes well. I'm also going to need to make more spaghetti meat sauce

I'll also need to pick a new food for Liam next week. I think it'll be green beans.

No comments: