Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

What a wonderful weekend I've had! Nice and relaxing and Liam has cooperated with his sleep schedule. First he slept 9 full hours on Thursday night! After a hellacious Thursday night where he was up every 2 hours, it was well needed for both him and me! 

Liam slept ok Friday night, he was up off and on between 1:30-4:00 AM and Jason and I traded back and forth handling that. 

On Friday night I got flowers! Jason said it was the "Start of my Mother's Day Weekend." I get a whole weekend!?!? 

On Saturday morning I went for my monthly massage. These are my favorite splurge I get! Since being a Stay At Home Mom (or Unemployed Engineer), our budget is very tight. This is probably something I should cut, but we are doing ok so at the moment I'm making the massage/budget work. :) 

When I got home from my massage, I had an Edible Arrangement! These are my favorite! I forgot to take a picture of it without the plastic. I didn't even start eating it until Sunday. I took it all apart, putting the fruit into tupperware. It was taking up a lot of room in the fridge. 

Liam went down for nap, and I took a quick nap and showered. We (Liam and I) went to meet my mom and sister for a 4 o'clock dinner at Joe Boccardi's. I wanted to eat early so Liam wouldn't get too fussy waiting, and I really hate waiting too. Liam was a little fussy, his grandma helped contain him so I could eat. 

When I got home from dinner Jason and I headed to Walmart and Target before Liam's bedtime. He took some extra time to go down - probably because of the lateness and extra stimulation from the stores. 

He got another five hours of sleep and was up real quick for 10 minutes at 3:30 AM and then again around 7. Jason got up with him at 7 and I kept on sleeping. :) I got my presents, a cute Snoopy from Liam and his first coloring! It's pretty adorable. Jason got me a "mom" necklace. Liam went back down from 9-11. 

We've had a nice relaxing day. I ate some fruit, Jason got me a soda, we had lunch, fed Liam, Liam went back down for nap at 2:30, and I made him pancakes. I'm just hanging out, watching episodes of 24 on Amazon Prime. 

Dinner tonight is Steaks, Corn on the Cob, and veggies. For this week's menu, I plan to make potato soup, beef stroganoff, some of the Time for Dinner meals. It's supposed to rain all week so it will be pretty cool and I can use the oven. 

Liam is growing so much! He's 19 pounds and 28 inches long. We're going to have to get a new car seat soon - his car seat goes up to 30-inches or 30-pounds. He's almost crawling on all fours. He's able to army crawl all over. We installed a baby corral in our living room to keep him away from the TV and TV stand. He has a much larger area to play in too. 

Liam coloring his first picture

No comments: