Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 - Cha cha cha changes!

So yea.... another year has passed. 2014 was an interesting year. Sometimes I look back and feel like I was all over the place. I was still trying to figure out the mom thing, then the working mom thing.  I have to say it was a great year. Even being unemployed and not sure when I would go back to work (and have income), I still had faith that it would all work out. And it did! Jason and I had an incredible year. I definitely struggled at times with trying to juggle being a wife, employee, and mother. I'm not sure laundry would have gotten done or the dishwasher emptied if I didn't have an amazing spouse. 

I don't have resolutions. I hate making them. But I want to make changes. 

I'm starting off with changing my diet. Both Jason and I are doing Beach Body's 21-day Fix plan. We don't eat *that* bad, but we have issues with portion sizes. And some processed things. My employer gave everyone in the company the portion control containers and booklet of instructions (so no DVDs). So we decided "Why not?" We started reviewing the program after Christmas - there's a lot of prep work. (Like eating all the pizza rolls and throwing away cookies.) And we officially started the "diet" on Monday (yep, my birthday.) You can use Pinterest to figure out most of the program on your own. But so far, I feel pretty good. Sure, it's only Day 2 and I have 19 more days ahead of me, but I feel great!! 

At the moment, based on my weight, I am allotted 5 Greens, 3 Purples, 5 Reds, 4 Yellows, 1 Blue, 1 Orange, and then 5 teaspoons of healthy oils or nut butters each day. I also am supposed to drink half my weight (in ounces) of water. Let's just say that's over 100 ounces a day. And I need to get in 30 minutes of exercise. 

So lots of planning. I have to preplan how to split up my fruits and veggies throughout the day and when to eat the blue and oranges. I usually eat the orange (salad dressing) with a spinach and grilled chicken salad for lunch. And then have some cheese or avocado with dinner. 

So far these past two days I haven't been eating all my containers. Especially today. I had a nasty headache forming after work (it wasn't dehydration, I think it was lack of caffeine combined with some sinus stuff.) So Jason made me dinner (fish filet and broccoli). I felt better and got my workout in. I'm eating my blue (string cheese) now. 

And I'm out. I'm going to try and blog more... just short and sweet blogs. And I always have a couple recipes I need to post! 


No comments: