Monday, February 16, 2015

21 Day Fix - 42 Days - Plateau

I have now completed Week 6 of the 21 Day Fix Diet. There's been some up and downs (see the previous post.) But I'm not perfect. I can't have 52 good weeks.

What motivates me to continue? I have started and QUIT a lot of previous Beachbody fitness programs. We own the majority of them. P90X, P90X2, Insanity, TurboFire, T25, 10-Minute Trainer, and 21 Day Fix. Usually I miss a workout in the first or second week and get discouraged and quit after a week or two because it's just too hard. And then it's back to all the old habits.

This time? It's different. I feel different about all my reasons. Sure, I want to be skinnier, even skinny people want to be skinnier. But I want to avoid all the health issues and costs that come with health problems. And time. My time is a lot more valuable then sitting in doctor's offices or recovering from a knee surgery or being sick. I just have to commit 30-minutes a day to avoid a lifetime of problems.

The challenge group I'm a part of keeps me going too. Seeing all these other women working hard inspires me to keep going.

My Polar calendar motivates me. I want to fill in all the squares with workouts!! I want to have more more workouts and more calories burned than the week before.

I honestly think that the 21 Day Fix is one of the best Beachbody programs they've released. The workouts are not hard. The meal plan is not hard. Any person of any weight, any age can do these workouts and follow the meal plan. I've heard that the new P90 is also designed for any type of person. I might consider doing that one next. I have 21 more days to go before I make a switch. And even if I switch workout programs, I'm going to stick with the meal plan. I feel a lot better when I'm not eating crap.

The Meal Plan
We're not perfect. Even this past week I was slightly all over the place with a few things -- and our house was hit with colds and stomach bugs. But our eating has drastically changed. We haven't had fast food in over 6 weeks. I've eaten twice at Panera. And we've had a couple cheat meals at good restaurants. For Valentine's Day this year we went out to breakfast. And I had planned a special dinner, but we postponed it to Sunday night. It's still not the healthiest dinner, but we have made healthier decisions since beginning this program 7 weeks ago. We used to eat out once a week and grab fast food 1-3 other times, especially on the weekends. Taco Bell has forgotten who we are by now. I think we ate there every Sunday afternoon.

Success - It's a mess!
The cheat meals are different. I don't cheat with junk either. If I want a cheeseburger, I will go find an amazing cheeseburger. And eat half of it. I have been craving a good cheeseburger - Ruby Tuesday always had one of my favorites. Or Mexican - Taco Bell won't cut it. I want something from a real Mexican restaurant or or even Chipolte. 

My weight hasn't changed since the first round of completing the 21-Day program. So as I wrap up the 42 days of this new lifestyle, I want to continue on. And I want to do better the next 21 days!! No more cheating. Cheat meal, not a cheat day. And no slacking on the workouts. (We did solve the TV problem.... new TV for upstairs, new Blu-Ray player for downstairs.) NO EXCUSES. 

No comments: