Monday, April 13, 2015

Being overweight = more pee breaks

24 ounces
The general rule of thumb when trying to lose weight (or always?) is to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces. So if you are my Beachbody coach and weigh approximately 115 pounds, your daily water intake should be 58 ounces. If you're like me and weigh a weee bit more than that, it's 100+ ounces. The small facebook challenge group I'm part of (about 10 other moms) today were posting their water intake -- some of them have to drink 70 ounces, some 80. Then one girl posted that she likes to be done before 6pm with her water intake so she's not up peeing in the middle of the night. 
She brought up a good point -- I get up once or twice some nights to pee. I drink 100 ounces a day! I can't wait to lose weight just so I can drink less water!! And pee less. 

I need to figure out how to spread my water intake over the day better. I usually drink 8 ounces in my breakfast protein shake, and then try to get in 2-3 24-ounce glasses during work. I usually get in 2, which puts me behind. So then I'm trying to chug 60 ounces during dinner and my workout. So I'm going to try to get 10-12 the moment I wake up. That'll put me ahead.

I've completed 6 rounds of the 21-Day Fix. I've followed the meal plan about 4/5 days and skipped a few workouts. But I've made a lot of changes in my diet and exercise. In the past 98 days, I've lost 17.3 pounds and 13.5 inches. We have 72 days until our vacation starts. I have started ChaLean Extreme and will stick with the 21 Day Fix meal plan. The thing I liked about the 21 Day Fix workouts were they were 30-minutes and easy to fit in. ChaLean Extreme varies from 35-50 minutes over 5 workouts during the week. It comes with two rest days! Or, two days I'll do cardio workouts. (21 Day Fix is 7 days of workouts, though two of them are slightly easier, Pilates and Yoga.) I'm looking forward to this change, but I've never succeeded at completely a 90-day workout program.

On another note, it's taken quite a few months to figure out what treat Liam likes. He doesn't care for ice cream. Or M&Ms, or Brownies, or Hershey Kisses. Or Pie. I mean really, who's kid is this? My BFF was in town Sunday night and stayed with us. I made her brownies, and she brought us homemade chocolate chip cookies! Liam got one on Monday night and LOVED it! He wanted another. He actually got two halves. And he liked drinking his milk with it. He was upset he couldn't have more - but it was a special treat, it was BEFORE dinner. Then he put away spaghettios, a chese quesadilla, and fruit cup. And then before bed a string cheese. He likes to eat. Bedtime is still going very well! We'll get him changed about 15 minutes before bed and he'll get a snack and brush his teeth. We'll tell him bedtime and ask him to kiss/hug the other parent. Sometimes you barely get that as he runs down the hallway to go to bed. It's an amazing change, and it's only been two full weeks! 

No comments: