Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Beachbody 3-Day Refresh -- My Review

A few years ago, when I was trying to get Wedding Ready, I was using Jay Robb protein and was doing his 3-Day Fruit Flush a couple times a year. It helped. Jason did the flush with me - and it would kickstart our butts into eating better, for a week or so. Then we'd be back to our bad habits.

We really have changed our habits this year. We eat a lot of lean meats and fruits and vegetables. But this past month we've been slipping. A few extra meals out here and there. We've still avoided the fast food but recently had KFC. I don't know what it is that makes KFC so damn good. We probably eat KFC once a year so we aren't blocking any arteries, or blowing any major diets with the choice to eat there. 

Since I've been a little lax with portion control lately, and maybe some chocolate has sneaked back into my routine, I decided to the do the Beachbody 3 Day Refresh. It's not cheap, but I know it works. It's not a flush and it's not a starvation or liquid cleanse. It's meant to cleanse your body -- and your diet -- it's meant to jump start your weight loss and metabolism. You don't feel drained after doing it. You really do feel refreshed and you will want to continue with healthy eating habits -- not hit up the nearest drive thru and destroy the hard work you just did! 

Grocery Shopping
So why did I decide to do this? Well to begin with I had crept up 5 pounds before I started. It had taken around a month - 6 weeks to do this -- and I'm pretty sure a lot of it was salt. There was a Sushi dinner I'm not proud of (or maybe I should be?) And I'd been drinking soda again. So my sodium levels were skyrocketing. I was still getting around 80-ounces of water a day, but needed this kick in the ass to get back on track. I also haven't been working out like I should be. In truth, I got lazy. And this isn't the time to be lazy -- we're almost halfway through this year! 

To begin, I prepped. I found a couple helpful documents on Pinterest and have them saved in the link at the top of my blog under the Beachbody forms. First, I chose which weekend I would do this. And it's been a busy few months so I had to pick the most empty weekend. And it was Mother's Day weekend.

I made sure I did my meal plan and figured out what I would eat for snacks and dinner. I wrote it down and put it on the fridge. From there we shopped and got everything we needed for the three days. The Little Man helped us with shopping on Sunday afternoon -- we needed a few extra things. He loves the little shopping carts that Schnucks offers. 

Day 1 - I was hungry. Not going to lie. A lot of people complain about the Fiber Sweep drink. Horror stories. In fact, I had a dream that I was only allowed to take it with 2-tbsps of water. (An orange container.) It wasn't that bad. It was like drinking a thicker Metamucil, a little gritty, had a lemon flavor, it wasn't that bad. Throughout the day I was a little hungry, but you get to eat throughout the day, small snacks to keep your metabolism going. I ate the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I varied my dinner. 

Enjoying my lunch -- while the husband vacuums!
Day 2 - Mother's Day. Seriously, it was the only weekend I could do it. I'm enjoying my day. Had my ShakeO, the Fiber Sweep (again, not bad! It went down very easy), lunch was the Vanilla Shake, Red Pepper & Hummus, and Strawberries. I actually got full and couldn't finish the strawberries. 

Day 3 - Monday - Work Day. I took my snacks and lunch and shake. I drank a ton of water and my green tea. It wasn't bad, but at times I was hungry. However, some of that was the fact that when you're sitting at work you get bored and think about food. 

My meal plan
AM - ShakeO and 1/2 banana. Luckily I have a little man who always eats the other half
No morning snack, just Green Tea and the Fiber Sweep
Lunch - Vanilla Shake, Red Pepper w/ Hummus, and Strawberries
PM Snack - Tomatoes and Avocado
Dinner - Day 1 - Spinach Salad, Day 2 - Stir Fry, Day 3 - Cucumber and Tomato Salad
The dinner options and recipes are available in the book that comes with the kit. The stir fry was delicious and I'm going to make that again, just add a protein like shrimp or serve it with Turkey Burgers. Liam really liked the stir fry too.

So the results!!!

I lost 4.2 pounds. I'm back where I was a month ago. I feel pretty good, I'm not hungry, I'm not tired, I'm not worn out.

My goals these next few weeks:

  • Meal Plan (no biggie)
  • Measure Measure Measure! This is where some weight creeps up -- the lack o' measure
  • Limit myself to one reasonable cheat meal a week, instead of the 2-3 I had let inch into the routine. 
  • Work Out
  • No Ice Cream until Florida!! 
Only 43 days until the 10-day vacation starts! 

No comments: