Monday, November 30, 2015

Weight Check - Year end resolutions


ARGH! So many ups and downs! I am very frustrated. Everyone goes through this, right? I'm supposed to think we do, but it doesn't seem that way.

11/7 - 210.6
11/14 - 209.8
11/21 - 209.6
11/28- 211.4

So what's going on? I'm not working out. I've been depressed. And not working out. And not working out is making me depressed. And I'm too depressed to work out. It's a stupid cycle that I'm sure others do go through. (And probably no one talks about.)

I'm not even going to and blame Thanksgiving and all the pie I ate. It's not the pie's fault. I chose to eat the pie. The pie did not choose me. 

So can I lose 11 pounds in 5 weeks? Of course I can! I've done it plenty of before. Will I? I will try. That's all I can promise myself and anyone who follows this.

So setting myself up for December and year end resolutions, I am promising myself: 
  • Morning Workouts, at least 5 times a week
  • Stick with the containers & Written Meal Plan 
  • Avoid the cheese (I just eat too much, way more than the little blue container.) 
  • No soda in December
I didn't set any 2015 Resolutions.  I just wanted to better myself. And I succeeded. My cholesterol is lowered, and within a healthy range. My blood pressure is still low. My risk for Type 2 Diabetes is gone. There's a blood test you take for that and I've always been borderline. Finally, the last two I've passed with flying colors! It's not guaranteed it'll also be ok, but cross my fingers and keep working out it should.

Only I can be in control of the next five weeks.


Note - I have my blood work completed about 3 times a year. It's a combination of insurance, work physical, and Vitality. And costs me nothing. :) So I do it. 

No comments: