Saturday, January 9, 2016

Weight Check - Did I do it?

So to recap - the goal was to lose 8 pounds in the last 12 weeks of the year, my "End of the Year Resolution". And did I do it? Nope. I gained 3 pounds. And I worked hard. Even the last four weeks of the year - I made my goal of working out at least 5 times a week. I even worked out Christmas morning!

I did really well with my small goals - the workouts, the meal plan and containers, avoiding excess cheese, and not drinking too much soda. I still drank soda. It's my biggest weakness.

When I started doing the meal plan, I noticed I wasn't eating enough. Which can be a problem when you're trying to lose weight. Yes, to lose weight sometimes you need to eat more! It sounds crazy, but I can't starve my body. And I wasn't starving, but I wasn't eating every 2-3 hours and skipping the snacks (like cottage cheese and yogurt), I was fueling my body well enough to lose weight.

Here were my weigh ins. Yes, it was super frustrating to watch. But I knew I was doing my best I could for the time of the year. I knew that I wasn't going to let these numbers get me depressed. 
11/28- 211.4 
12/5 - 212.0
12/12 -- 211.8
12/19 - 212.4
12/26 - 213.4
Saturday January 9, 2016 - 211.8

Weight really is just a number. I've been overweight my entire life. But it's taken a long time to realize that it's truly not about the number on the scale. It's really about how I feel and what my bloodwork shows. If I can weigh 200 pounds and not have Type II diabetes or high cholesterol, then I think I'm doing pretty good.

Probably the other big change in my life is that the workouts help tame my anxiety, which help keep my depression at bay. If I can work out 30-minutes a day and stay off anti-anxiety/depression medicine and cholesterol medications, then that is reason enough to keep working out.  

No comments: