Tuesday, May 9, 2017

21 Day Fix Extreme Summary

After coming off the Ultimate Refresh, I wanted to focus on getting my butt to the basement to work out. I didn't want to gain weight after all the hard work I put into completing the UR.

I'm really proud of myself - I managed to accomplish 19 workouts in 21 days! 
My nutrition was 80/20, and I had good and bad days.

And I lost 1.4 pounds. And NO inches (in total). 

Wow. What a reward for all my hard work. 

Can you feel my eye roll? My sarcasm? Because WHAT THE HELL???? I just... I can't... I blogged my past three weeks, I discussed my "bad" days, nothing was out of control wild, and I really did burn my butt off. So yea, I'm angry!!!! But I'm NOT going to let this affect my future plan. We all have setbacks during our fitness journeys. This one is mine. I did lose another pound, and my clothes are looser and I've moved into smaller pants. So I'm really serious when I say this won't affect me. It actually motivates me to work a little harder! To really focus on the meal aspect since I obviously have the workout part down!

I wanted to mix up the workouts while sticking with the overall theme of each day (Cardio or Arm or Legs). I tried all the extra workouts that are available on Beachbody On Demand. I really liked the ABC Extreme. The Dirty Dozen was a sweat fest, and if you want a death defying workout, try the Fix Challenge. I had to keep pausing it and letting my heart rate come back down. 

During the second week my right knee started to give me trouble so I had to do a little more modifying and go easy on it during lunges. Even though I'm not seeing the numbers change much, I'm still happy with what I accomplished. 

Moving forward, my goals are to have enjoy a cheat meal once a week, and something I really want, like an Gryo or Sushi. I have 55 days until vacation. I want to make sure I get in my 55 days of workouts and eat well.

I started an 8 week program on Sunday. A mix of Core De Force and Master's Hammer and Chisel. It's my countdown to vacation, and the mix will keep me motivated to stick with the workouts.

One of the goals I didn't meet (yet) is to be under 200 pounds by May 1. I'm very very close. I also have a wedding to attend on June 3 and I have this amazing dress hanging in my closest that I want to wear. If the dress doesn't fit I'll be ok, I have other dresses, but I'd like to fit back into *this* dress.

My goals for the coming weeks:
  • 6 workouts in 7 days. (I might need a rest day and will play it by ear)
  • Burn 300+ calories per workout
  • Lay off the tortillas (I'm currently having some issues.)
  • Write down my meal plan. On paper!! (I've been winging it...) 



No comments: