Saturday, June 10, 2017

Workout Summary

Below is a copy of screenshots from the Polar App I use for working out. I have really worked my butt off.... we finished up the 21 Day Ultimate Reset on April 16. I started doing the 21 Day Fix and knocked out my three weeks of workouts. 

Then I moved on to the Master Hammer & Chisel and Core de Force mashup. And then... I puttered out. At the start of week 5. Which confirms what I've known most of this year - I cannot commit to a workout program for more than 3-4 weeks. I lose my motivation to keep following the plan. 

So as I start to get run down, and tired, I look back at everything I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED. 
Look at all these workouts over 6 weeks!! I kicked butt, I worked hard. 


So while this week I have faltered at both workouts (just not putting the effort into it) and nutrition (it was another stressful week and I'm struggling so I emotionally eat crap). And now, while I hate being the example that you can't out exercise a bad diet, NOW is the time I make changes and start focusing on the nutrition. 

This coming week, starting Monday June 12th, is ShaunT week. What's that mean? Shaun T. is the creator of Insanity, T25 Focus, Hip Hop Abs, and Cize. He's a great motivator when working out! He tells you how it is - it SUCKS. But you can do it! And when you think you can't do it? Do one more burpee! So there are 7 new workouts coming to Beachbody on Demand (BOD). BOD is the way you stream programs, either to a smartphone or we use a Roku stick in the basement. (And sometimes the app on the iPad at the same time!) And it's FREE!!! You can fill out the form below to get more information on how to join me. 



So now we're planning for this week. I follow the 21 Day Fix Portion Control Meal plan, I get 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 4 proteins, 3 carbs, 1 fat, 1 dressing, and 4 teaspoons. The Portions I get are based on my weight, activity level, and program I'm doing. I'll also be able to use the Beachbody Performance Line and the extras I'll drink won't count. Jason is following the Body Beast Portion Control Plan and has to eat 10 carbs! It's a little insane - a lot of rice and beans for him this week. 

my plan this week
Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks are easy. I'll be doing burrito bowls for lunch. 
Monday & Wednesday Dinner: 2 Cups of Stir Fry veggies w/ baked salmon, and brown rice. I have an asian dressing I'll use on the veggies, and cook them in 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. 
Tuesday & Friday Dinner: Crockpot Chicken, Brocolli, Asparagus, and probably Peas. 
Wednesday Dinner: 2 Cups of Veggies/Asparagus, Grilled Steak, Sweet Potato

Mostly for my use, but here's the ingredients needed for a couple things. 

Crockpot Garlic Chicken: 
  • 4 Chicken breasts
  • 2 cups Chicken broth or chicken stock - just enough to halfway cover chicken, unsalted
  • 3 Coves of garlic
Stir Fry Veggies: 
  • 1½ tsp. coconut oil
  • 1 tsp. sesame oil
  • ½ medium carrot, cut into thin diagonal slices
  • ¼ cup broccoli florets
  • ¼ medium red bell pepper, sliced
  • ¼ medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced
  • 1½ tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
Ginger Sesame Miso Dressing 
  • 2 Tbsp. miso paste
  • ¼ cup rice vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
  • ¼ cup sesame oil
  • 1 tsp. chopped ginger
  • ¼ cup water

No comments: