Saturday, January 11, 2014

Use what have (AKA, The Freezer Cleanout)

The next quarter of a cow from Crooked Creek Beef is ready.

Big thanks to whoever is also using them! I earned a referral bonus on my quarter and got $35 off. Since I blog about it and FB, I'm not sure who it is, but thanks!


So Saturday we pick up like 150 pounds of meat. And um.... I'm not exactly sure where it's going!


Remember, we have *two* deep freezes! In the beginning of September our stand up freezer looked like this.
<----
And four months later it looks like this ---->
We really need to have two cleaned off shelves for the meat we will receive. 

We still have a ways to go! But not really. Our (Andy's) 5 cu ft freezer is around half full. It was also full before having the baby. 


(NOTE - The rest of the post is mostly for me..... I'm going to keep an online list of what is in my freezer.) 
Our current stash includes: 
2 Mom's Lasagnas
Turkey Chili and Black Bean Soup (Those are the small containers in the door, and filling up the top drawer.)
2 lbs Bacon
5 lbs of Ground Turkey
6 lbs chicken (2-2 lbs cut for crockpot fajitas, 2 lbs cut for grilling)
Brats & Hot Dogs, Hamburger patties, and a few pounds of Ground Beef
T-Bone Steaks
Sirloin Steaks
NY Strip Steaks
Cube Steaks
Rump Roast
Shoulder Roast (defrosting actually, just had Beef Stroganoff and I want it again!)
London Broil
Chuck Steak
And a plastic container full of frozen bags of breast milk. 

In the 5-cu ft deep freeze.
2 Frozen Pizzas
2 Loafs of Bread
4-ounce salmon packs (Bag from Sams' Club)
Mozzarella Cheese & Pepperoni
Various Shredded Cheeses
Eggos
Fresh Ravioli (from Sam's Club)
Bertolli Meal - I dress it up with more veggies and chicken when I make it. 
5-lb bag of frozen mixed veggies (to make more Tater Tot casseroles)
Homemade Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche

Our upstairs fridge-freezer has Tater Tots, Eggos, Pizza Rolls, Meatballs, Tortillas, Egg Rolls & General Tso's Chicken;  you know, the important things! 

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. Seriously. We won't be eating out for awhile!

I hope to make this Spaghetti Meat Sauce and get a bunch frozen. We would have had ravioli recently, but I have no sauce in the house! I was surprised too! 

Menu for this week includes:
Beef Stroganoff
Chinese food
Ravioli

We'll start there.



No comments: