Impossibly Easy Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups liberaly with cooking spray.
- 2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add onion and chicken broth; heat to simmering. Add frozen vegetables and seasonings. Heat until hot, stirring occasionally until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- 3. In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Top with cheese. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto chicken mixture in each muffin cup.
- 4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve.
- Don't overcook the chicken. Especially if you plan to use this for leftovers. When you reheat the pies, the chicken will dry out.
- My liquid didn't absorb, so I used a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and vegetable mixture from the pan into the muffin tin.
- To keep the propotions of chicken & veggies, I'll probably dish out the chicken & onion next time and then add the mixed veggies.
- Top with a Tator Tot (or 4) for mini-Tator Tot casseroles.