This is quite the indulgence meal on 21-Day Fix. Though I don't think it's any worse then what you might find eating out though. We planned to have this for Valentine's Day dinner this year, but we both weren't feeling well so we had a few days later. Serve it with a nice french loaf bread.
I made it in the RockCrok but you could also alter it to make it in a sauce pan on the stove or maybe the crock pot.
Sausage & Cheese Tortellini
- 1 package of chicken broth (32 oz)
- 1 package of your favorite tortellini (20 oz, we used three cheese)
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano), not drained
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (try low fat).
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for toppings
- Take your cream cheese out of the fridge, and let it sit while you brown your sausage in your RockCrok.
- Add tortellini, tomatoes, and broth to the RockCrok and stir. Cook for 12 minutes in the microwave.
- Dice the cream cheese into small cubes.
- Remove from microwave, add the cream cheese, put lid back on. Let sit 5-minutes. Stir and serve!
If making in a crockpot:
- Take your cream cheese out of the fridge, and let it sit while you brown your sausage.
- Add the sausage, tortellini, tomatoes, and broth to your crock pot and stir.
- Dice the cream cheese into small cubes and place on top.
- Cook on LOW for a total of 4 1/2 hours. Stir at 2 hours, and again at 4 hours, removing the lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking. This will give the sauce some time to thicken up.