I had some bananas and it took me a few tries to find a banana bread recipe that didn't have milk in it. I found this recipe and altered it. The recipe says it's very forgiving, which it is, and which is good because I made a handful of errors. The bread shouldn't have turned out at all, but it did and it's delicious!
This makes two loaves.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5-6 medium bananas. mashed
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2-3 cups fresh/frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two loaf pans with non-stick spray. Line the pans with parchment paper (see photo).
- Beat sugar and oil in a bowl. Add eggs and mashed banana.
- Sift together dry ingredients and fold into banana mixture alternately with orange juice.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour depending
- upon pan size. A toothpick inserted in the center which comes out clean is the best indicator that the loaf is fully baked.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.