When Liam was born my parents came over and made Tacos for us. The tacos were good, but mom made Corn Cakes! I love the corn cakes at Chevy's and always ask for extra.
Mom had found a bag mix at the grocery store and you added a can of cream corn. I haven't been able to find the mix (which probably is $2-$4 anyway), but I did find a recipe to make them from "scratch". There's a lot of recipes where you use corn meal, corn flour, corn, and like 10 other ingredients. And I found an easy three "ingredient" one. Butter, Jiffy Mix, and Canned Cream Corn. While it's not the healthiest recipe, it's a good treat with a mexican dish.
Sweet Corn Cake (Mini Muffins)
- One 15-ounce can Cream Corn
- One box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- One stick of butter - melted
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Melt butter (if you missed it listed above.)
- Mix the three ingredients together
- Spoon mixture into mini-muffin tin. OR you can use a glass bread loaf pan.
- Bake Mini-Muffins for 20 minutes, or the loaf pan for 25 minutes.