Monday, July 7, 2014

June was a busy month!

It's been around 6 weeks since I last posted! So much happened in June! Lots of traveling, a wedding, and a JOB OFFER!!! :) 

I traveled to the Lake of the Ozarks with my mom for a girls (and Liam) trip. Then Jason and I went to Rapid City, SD for a work thing. I was fortunate they let Liam and me go too! We got to kinda see Mt. Rushmore. It was a little foggy. We also stopped by Dinosaur Park. It was Liam's first time flying and he did well! 




For Father's Day weekend we headed to Lake of the Ozarks with my parents. Liam got his first boat ride! We had a great time, except for the car ride. Liam was teething during most of June. He got his two bottom teeth in and his top two are coming in soon.

During this time I also was interviewing and submitting more job applications. I think one day I submitted a dozen, and had two big interviews before leaving for vacation. I was fortunate to have my sister and sister-in-law help babysit during those! One resulted in an offer! 

Then we headed to Florida. We bit the (savings) bullet and purchased a time share week, we really lucked into finding one available. My parents and grandma own weeks 25 & 26, and we managed to get a week 26 unit. Which usually will include Fourth of July and will almost always include our wedding anniversary. Here's Liam on our lanai looking at our beach and gulf front view. Our unit is larger than most and feels a lot more open! It's wonderful! 

We also had a wedding to attend! My grandmother got married to her long time friend, Harry. Harry lost his wife about the same time grandpa died, and months later they were announcing their engagement. My brother and sister-in-law were able to fly in, and we were all together in Florida for a few days. 

Here's a picture of the Reed & Guilford's. 


On the way to wedding, I received wonderful news - a verbal offer for a new job! I accepted the offer (faxed it in on vacation) and start in the next few weeks. It's environmental consulting and a job similar to what I did at GES in Richmond, Virginia. I'm waiting on all the standard items, background check, drug test, verification I graduated high school & college.... all those normal things most companies do. Liam will be going to daycare starting July 14 and I expect to start that week or the following week. It'll be a huge change going back to work. Sometimes I am nervous, sometimes I am anxious. I know I'm ready to go back to work, but juggling the household, baby, and a new company will probably lead to a few stressful days. 

No comments: