Just in time for fall weather, chili!! I already have a great turkey chili recipe but decided to try the one listed in the FixAte cookbook, which is full of 21 Day Fix approved recipes. I love the recipes, they are all pretty basic and easy to make, and the container values are listed. I added a few extra things and doubled the recipe. This is one of my new favorite chili recipes!
Ingredients & Directions (because it's Chili, it's *not* that hard)
- 2-3 lb cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast (or lean grass-fed ground beef)
- (I add chili powder, cumin, and paprika to my turkey while it's cooking.)
Saute the following ingredients ~10 minutes:
- 2 tsp extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 large or 2 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 4 cans (15 oz each) kidney beans (or pinto beans) drained, rinsed
- 4 can (15 oz) fire roasted tomatoes, no salt added if available
- 2 cups red wine (I choose red cooking wine)
- 1 Tbsp ground chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Cooked ground turkey
Bring it to a boil and let simmer around 30 minutes on low.
2 cups of this chili counts as 1 green, 1 red, and 1 yellow.
It is very filling, and my version is very spicy. If you can't handle the spice, cut out the jalapeno and cut back on the cumin.
My favorite is to serve it over 1/2 a baked potato.
My son loves to eat the pinto beans with cheese and elbow macaroni.
The FixAte cookbook has been one of my favorite new tools to help me sustain the 21 Day Fix lifestyle. Autumn Calabrese has created some amazing recipes that you will actually want to make! Just like the rest of the 21 Day Fix plan, preparation is the number one key to succeeding with this plan.
- Enjoy the foods you eat,
- Have a fitness routing you can commit to,
- Eat foods that are highly nutritious, and
- Know how much of it to eat.
These four easy steps is how I've managed to lose the weight I have. And it's why I keep making some of the same recipes over and over again, I love the foods I love.