This was one of those meals where I realized I had a lot of leftover spinach that I was not going to manage to eat before it went bad. So what do to... what do to... I have some chicken... what else?
So I threw together this concoction.
- Spinach like Pesto
- Roma Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
Those are your main ingredients. I had chicken tenders, but you can use 4-ounce boneless skinless breasts and cut them in half (so they are thinner) and/or pound it out a little.
I had 4 cups of spinach and I put it in the food processor with some pressed garlic, a tablespoon of EVOO, and some salt and pepper. I had to get flavor into this dish.
I sliced my Roma Tomatoes using the Mandolin.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease two 9x13 pans with spray EVOO
- In each pan, arrange 9 chicken strips in groups of three. See the picture for the spacing - this will help them quick more evenly. Salt and pepper the chicken!
- Spoon the 2 tablespoons of the Spinach "Pesto" over the chicken and spread it out.
- Layer 3-4 tomato slices over the Spinach Pesto (half a tomato)
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the tomatoes. I did 1 full blue container. It was *way* too much, I recommend 1/2 blue container.
- Bake in the oven for ~30 minutes.
This counts as 1 Red, 1 Green, ~2 tsps, and 1/2 Blue (unless you used more.).