Monday, April 3, 2017

Ultimate Reset - Summary of Phase 1, Days 1 - 7

My husband and I started the Ultimate Reset on Monday March 27. I was sick over that weekend, but we still managed to shop and get everything prepped. Truth? Once prepared with all the food and a meal plan, it's not hard. And every day gets better!

Week 1 Summary: I've lost 8.0 pounds and 5.5 inches!! I'll be posting before and after pictures once we are done. The only craving I have is gum. No gum is allowed on the plan. But I don't crave soda or chips or sweets. I feel great too.

Jason also lost 8.4 pounds but only a total of 1-inch. He had some losses and gains in the half-inch ranges. Some of that can probably be attributed to the fact that measurements aren't perfect. A robot isn't measuring him.

Below is a summary of each day. 

Phase 1: Reclaim

During these first 7 days you'll begin to alter your diet, slowly removing foods like red meat and refined items that put stress on your digestive system and can tilt your body toward a more acidic state. You'll also be introduced to four of the six supplements that make up the Ultimate Reset program—Power Greens, Mineralize, Optimize and Soothe.
Because most of us are living in a slightly dehydrated state, in Week One, you’ll begin to properly hydrate your body, which is critical for optimal cellular function. Along with hydration, the Week One meal plan will provide you with the vital nutrition needed to help maintain the body’s alkaline/acid balance.
Once your system has been primed, balanced, and nourished, it will be ready to continue the detoxification process.



Day 1 - We started Monday March 27. I was pretty pumped for Day 1. I had been nervous over the weekend (since I had been sick) but once I had Days 1, 2, and 3 food prepped, I was ready to go!

The food was delicious! Eggs, spinach, and toast for breakfast, a nice large salad with chicken for lunch; and then salmon, potato, and asparagus dinner.

I drank over a gallon of water, and had a glass of nursing tea mid day. I did miss coffee, but it's more the sugary creamer I put in my coffee that I think I miss the most.


Day 2 - I got to mid-morning and was like "WHAT AM I DOING? WHY AM I DOING THIS?" So yea, I made it 2 days before questioning my life decisions. Normal things, it happens often to me. I was a little hungry mid-morning, so that was most of it. I had a slight headache at the end of the day. I put some peppermint oil on it and that helped.

Food - Repeat of Breakfast and lunch, but dinner was the Southwestern Veggie Taco. They say Tacos, but you only get *one* corn tortilla. So it's a Taco folks. We'll be having that again later this week, and after the reset is over. It's really good, and very filling. You get a TON of filling, so that helps keep you full.

Day 3 - I'm getting used to the smaller portions and am not as hungry. I do drink 1/2 scoop of Shakeology in the afternoon. I also drink two glasses of tea now, one morning and one late afternoon. I'm still nursing I want to make sure I have enough calories and breast milk to keep nursing.



Food - More eggs and spinach for breakfast. I ate two pieces of toast and felt much better mid-morning. Lunch was another salad, and dinner was this yummy stir fried veggies with quinoa and a side of cucumber and tomato salad. It was a ton of food and I wasn't able to finish it all. Jason has commented he hasn't been able to finish all his lunch. Liam gets to enjoy spaghetti this week since he refuses to try anything new. (Secret - his spaghetti is *loaded* with veggies!)


Day 4 - Donuts appeared in the breakroom. And I didn't eat any. I wasn't even tempted to eat any!!It was this day I realized my cravings for sugary crap have subsided. I'm a bored eater. When I have a lull at work I look for food. Now I drink some water, take a stretch, and get back to work. 

Food - Oatmeal, yogurt, and blueberries for breakfast. It's very different than my normal Shakeology breakfast I usually have, and miss. AND it didn't sit well with me. Dairy has never really been my friend. Jason loved this combo and ate it a couple more days. Lunch salad, and we had the veggie taco again. 

Note - repeating food on the Ultimate Reset is OK. And encouraged. You want to try new things, but Beachbody understands we're not quitting our life for 21 days to focus on every meal and every new food they want us to try. You can trade meals for meals within the same Phase. I'll miss these veggie tacos during Phase 2.

Day 5 - The only craving I'm really having is gum. I used to chew gum to get the lunch flavor out of my mouth or during the afternoon to avoid snacking. I don't have cravings for anything. I eat food as fuel, and am enjoying my food.

The food today was a new breakfast - Farina (similar to cream of wheat), another salad, and the stir fry for dinner. Here I am chugging my Power Greens. That is the worst part of the whole thing. 

Day 6 - Saturday! The weekends are the *easiest* day to throw the towel in for any health and fitness journey. Not while you're doing the Ultimate Reset!!

Our usual Saturdays include grabbing breakfast on the go (Shakeology for me), hitting Sams Club, getting sodas and pretzels, figuring out where we'll get lunch (Chipotle? Burger King? Taco Bell?) and taking naps and being lazy. And laundry, we're human after all!

This Saturday we got up extra early so we could have our breakfast, Liam had swim lessons at 8am and we vowed not to be late. (And we weren't!!). Then we hit Sam's Club and got most of our groceries. I completed the meal plan and grocery list on Friday night (along with folding laundry.)  Dinner Saturday night was the Roasted Root Medley (Beets, Sweet Potato, Onion, Carrots) and the Cashew Zucchini Soup. Which is what it sounds like. Cashews and Zucchinis. Not really anything else. And it tasted like Cashews. And it was super thick. And it was gross. And I don't like beets. I had tried beets a few years ago and didn't like them, these were cooked a little differently and nope, still don't like them.


Day 7!! Another delicious breakfast and lunch. Dinner was that leftover Roasted Root Medley and we skipped the gross soup and had steamed broccoli instead.

Jason and I spent almost 3 hours preparing for the next few days. Next week's menu includes 3 cups of fruit for breakfast, salad (either greek or microgreen) for lunch, and dinner is veggies with miso soup and quinoa or a Sweet Potato & Roasted Red Pepper Bisque. We made that since it had more steps involved. I can't wait to see what this week brings!

I am feeling great. I don't have cravings. I'm not even missing cheese. I didn't have the major headaches that a lot of people complain about. I didn't have soreness. Now, I might have all that during Phase 2. Every body reacts different to this detoxification process.

I have realized I am a bored eater. I am most likely to snack in the evenings at home. And if it wasn't for this strict meal plan, I'd be digging into some cookies and ice cream right about now due to bored habits.

I can't wait to see what Phase 2 brings!!


No comments: