Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crock Pot Veggie Burritos - V2.0

A very simple recipe that anyone can make!
 
My recipe. Makes an estimated 25-30 Servings (1/2 Cup Scoops)
2 Cups Brown Instant Rice
3 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Cups Salsa
3 Tblsp of Taco Seasoning
3 Peppers sliced thin
1/2 Red Onion Sliced Thin
2 Cans (15oz)  Black Beans
2 Cans (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes (Choose your own flavor.)
1 Can Diced Chilis (4oz)
I also added 4-5 Jalapenos and a couple Tblsp juice.

Place in order listed (stir together Rice/Broth/Salsa/Seasoning) in crockpot and cook approximately 6 hours.

I added 3 Tblsp of Taco Seasoning, but you can add a mixture of of Paprika, Cumin, and Red Pepper Flakes.

I used Spark to estimate the nutritional content of it. It is only based on the ingredients in the in the crockpot. Adding shells, cheese, guac, and sour cream adds the extra calories!


I use Mission 96% Fat Free Tortilla, Wholly Guacamole, Daisy Reduced Fat Sour Cream, and some Colby Jack cheese.

No comments: