I made this last week and it doesn't even feel like a "diet". You can add cheese and greek yogurt to it. Eat it with a salad for a very filling dinner or by itself as a nice lunch. If you're not on a diet, indulge with some tortilla chips!
Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer (or broth)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours (can we say Super Bowl!).
- Once it's done cooking, pull out the chicken and shred. I used the Mix 'n Chop to do it. Add the shredded chicken back to the crockpot and let cook another 15-minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of greek yogurt (or sour cream), and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
Approx 6-7 1-cup servings.
Measure 1.5 cups and count as 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow
Make sure if you add greek yogurt and cheese you count those in addition!