Now that we are into Week 3 of doing the 21 Day Fix, I've been trying to branch out and find some new recipes. I found this recipe on pinterest but it was slightly different. I like my version better -- I was better able to incorporate the cheese without worrying about it melting out.
I didn't do a great job pounding out the chicken breasts so mine didn't roll as well as it should.
Roasted Red Pepper & Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- 4 - 6 ounce chicken breasts
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper (or a 7-8 ounce jar.)
- 2/3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 gloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Filet the chicken breast and pound it flat
- Dice/Chop/Use magic shears* to cut up the spinach, Dice the Roasted Red Pepper, Crush/Dice the garlic
- Mix the Spinach, Pepper, Garlic, and Mozzarella cheese together. Add some pepper.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture on each pounded chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a 9x9 glass dish.
- Mix together the Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and place a heaping tablespoon on top of each rolled chicken breast.
- Back at 375 for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degree.
Counts as 1.5 Red/Protein, 1/2 Green (Veggie), and 1/2 Blue (Healthy Fat)
Magic Shears - I *love* these herb scissors I got from Crate & Barrel. They are great to have in the kitchen to avoid the tediousness of chopping up any herbs. Cilantro, Parsley, Chives, Spinach -- I use them for lots of things!