Monday, January 19, 2015

Roasted Red Pepper & Spinach Stuffed Chicken - 21 Day Fix Friendly

Now that we are into Week 3 of doing the 21 Day Fix, I've been trying to branch out and find some new recipes. I found this recipe on pinterest but it was slightly different. I like my version better -- I was better able to incorporate the cheese without worrying about it melting out. 

I didn't do a great job pounding out the chicken breasts so mine didn't roll as well as it should. 

Roasted Red Pepper & Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Ingredients
  • 4 - 6 ounce chicken breasts
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 Roasted Red Pepper (or a 7-8 ounce jar.)
  • 2/3 cups mozzarella cheese
  • 2 gloves garlic
  • 3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions

  1. Filet the chicken breast and pound it flat
  2. Dice/Chop/Use magic shears* to cut up the spinach, Dice the Roasted Red Pepper, Crush/Dice the garlic
  3. Mix the Spinach, Pepper, Garlic, and Mozzarella cheese together. Add some pepper. 
  4. Place 1/4 of the mixture on each pounded chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a 9x9 glass dish. 
  5. Mix together the Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and place a heaping tablespoon on top of each rolled chicken breast. 
  6. Back at 375 for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degree. 
Counts as 1.5 Red/Protein, 1/2 Green (Veggie), and 1/2 Blue (Healthy Fat)


Magic Shears - I *love* these herb scissors I got from Crate & Barrel. They are great to have in the kitchen to avoid the tediousness of chopping up any herbs. Cilantro, Parsley, Chives, Spinach -- I use them for lots of things! 




No comments: