I went searching through the Team Beachbody website and found a recipe for beef stew. I figured I'd give it a try. The only downside to this is the prep + cook time is almost 90 minutes. It takes an hour to cook after you get all your vegetables and meat chopped. Plan accordingly! I prepped it and then worked out while it cooked.
It's very delicious and feels like a cheat meal! You wouldn't know you are "dieting" when you eat this.
- 1½ lb. raw lean beef stew meat, boneless
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 (14 oz) can of low-sodium beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 14-oz of water (use the beef broth can)
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 large red potatoes, cubed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place beef, onions, tomatoes, soy sauce, hot sauce, 1/2 cup broth, and bay leaf in large stock pot.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, carrots, and potatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 60 minutes, adding additional broth as needed.
Yield: 6-8 servings
A two-cup serving counts as 1.5 Green, 1 Yellow, and 1 Red.
You can serve it with quinoa, but take the serving/container into consideration.