Did you ever eat potato pancakes growing up? I sure miss those!! I found a kinda similar, not really at all, recipe in the form of Zucchini Cakes! They were very good and very filling.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smushed/pressed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or any flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- coconut oil
- Grate your zucchini. I used the food processor. EASY.
- Place zucchini in a bowl with the 1 tsp salt and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Then, extract all the water from the zucchini. You can place it in a cheese cloth and squeeze. You can also place it in a colander and press the water out. You want to remove as much water as possible so the cakes form and stick together.
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini and remaining ingredients (except the coconut oil)
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large pan.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop out the zucchini mixture. Place in pan and "press" down to form a small cake.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, flip over and cook another 3-4 minutes. Cakes should have a golden brown crust.
You can eat 4 of these to count as 1 Green and 1/4 Yellow (the flour -- if you are being super serious.) You've also got some Teaspoons in there from the Oil.
|Zucchini Cakes & Spaghetti Squash|