Note - I was super excited when I found out this is a ONE POT dish. You don't have to boil the noodles separate. They cook in the beef broth - and they are EVEN better that way! The creaminess isn't as prevalent since you aren't using a gallon of sour cream (well, that's what I used to use), but the flavor is there and the fact that I can eat and make this on the Portion Control Plan makes this recipe a must have for my kitchen!
21 Day Fix Beef Stroganoff
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 1½ lbs. extra lean beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 4 cups low sodium organic beef broth
- ¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 oz. dry whole wheat egg noodles
- ½ cup reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining 1 tsp. oil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Add flour; cook, stirring frequently, until onion mixture is evenly coated.
- Add broth slowly, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add egg noodles. Mix well and cover with liquid; cover. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until noodles are soft. Remove from heat.
- Add yogurt; mix well.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Portion Fix Containers