Friday, March 10, 2017

The Ultimate Reset


I've been setting small goals this year. Little steps that will lead to long term results, but focusing only on a few weeks at a time. I have always always struggled to commit to the 90 day Beachbody programs. I can usually make it through the first month and then I'm bored. So for 2017 I decided I would try a new program every month. 

My March program has been the 21 Day Fix Extreme. I worked through the 21 Day Fix in January and February as I adjusted to working out regularly. And to be honest, I didn't start focusing on the nutrition part until the end of February. 

If you have upgraded access to Beachbody On Demand then you access to the 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and all the bonus workouts that came with it! I *love* having the bonus workouts, the variety helps keep me motivated to keep going.

With focusing on my nutrition, I wanted to make some big changes to my diet and lifestyle. I'm 37 and need to treat my body better. So no more crap. No more fast food. (The three exceptions being Chipotle, Panera, and Subway.) 

No more soda. As of March 10 I am done with soda. (Because well, I had to use what I had...) 

I have been limiting processed foods. Everything I make has to be made with real ingredients, not processed ingredients. I do have a cookie habit. It's been hard to break. And I'm not sure if it's the cookie habit or really a sugar habit. I made the oatmeal bars and it helped a lot with my sweet tooth, they aren't the healthiest either - but they are made with basic ingredients. 

So that brings me to the Ultimate Reset. Beachbody released this program in April 2012 and has refined it and changed a few components throughout the years. It's a completely clean eating program where you are eliminating your body of all the toxins you get through processed foods. 

The Beachbody Ultimate Reset is a three-phase program that provides everything you need. 
  • Phase 1: Reclaim your body's natural balance.
  • Phase 2: Release the unwanted compounds that have been holding your system back and start the detoxification process.
  • Phase 3: Restore your digestive system, along with other internal processes, to maximum efficiency.
Jason (yes, my husband) and I are starting this program March 27th! It's a 21 day commitment. It's *ONLY* 21 Days. And there's no workout regime. You can do Yoga if you would like, but these 21 days are about nutrition, not physical fitness. By the end of the program you are eating a vegan diet, but you don't have to remain vegan. 

I'll be blogging about our changes and sharing our favorite meals during the reset. 


No comments: